“Creature comforts and creature sightings are the hallmarks of a sophisticated modern home that sits atop a bluff a stone’s throw from the sea along a quiet stretch of the Malibu coast.” Los Angeles Times, Darrell Satzman
- 4 bedrooms including two master suites, “sunrise and sunset”
- 6 bathrooms including a courtyard powder room
- 6,800 sq.ft. interior
- 3,000 sq.ft. covered courtyard
- 2011 Pacific Coast Builder’s Conferance (PCBC) Home of the Year
- 2011 PCBC Best Master Bathroom, Courtyard and Kitchen Designs
- Certified Green Home
- L.A. Times Home of the Week
- Robb Report’s Top Vacation Homes
- Featured on NBC’s Open House Television Series
- Featured on the cover of Frontgate and Ocean Home Magazines
- 3 car garage with SubZero refrigerator and sink for catering
- heated infinity edge pool
- 2,500 sq.ft. private bluff top “beach” with ironwood patio
- movie theater with a second 3D T.V. and full service bar
- refrigerated wine cellar for up to 900 bottles
- Kosher kitchen with 2 dishwashers and 2 refrigerators
- finest kitchen appliances from Miele, SubZero and Wolf
- gym, office
- 4 fireplaces including an outdoor fireplace
- breakfast nook
- outdoor dining pavilion
The MariSol Showcase Estate, masterfully designed by Barry Berkus, A.I.A., recognized for decades as one of the country’s most influential and innovative luxury residential architects, sets the benchmark of design excellence for the entire community. With approximately 10,000 square feet of single-story indoor-outdoor living space made possible by 130 feet of ocean frontage, this “green,” fully furnished luxury Malibu home, is an entertainer’s dream featuring extraordinary attention-to-detail and seamless transitions between indoors and out. In every detail, the MariSol Showcase Estate is an exceptional example of luxury Malibu living.
The Showcase Estate features a 60-foot-wide great room with 14-foot-high ceilings, a fully equipped wet bar, twin master bedrooms with twenty-two foot oak ceilings and views of surfers right below, two spacious guest bedrooms with Santa Monica Mountain views, a state-of-the-art theater, open chef’s kitchen, a breakfast room, a refrigerated wine cellar, a gym, an office and a three car garage.
The unusually large one-acre lot by Malibu’s standards, allowed the developers to beautifully landscape the estate’s grounds with an infinity-edge lap pool finished with a beautiful turquoise Italian glass tile, 3 patios including an outdoor dining pavilion with a state-of-the-art barbecue, an ironwood deck on a 2,500 square foot “private beach,” a water wall of rock quarried from the site set in a magical fern, a mature California oak garden with lush natives and a driveway of cobblestone hand hewn from native rock.
This “smart” beach house for sale has all electronics centrally controlled by a Crestron smart system including 10 video cameras, other systems that provide optimum security, XM/Sirius radio throughout the house and electronically controlled Lutron black out and sunshades.
Interiors were superbly designed by William Heffner, A.I.A., whose revered sense of style is repeated in the elegant furniture and the exotic finishes from Beverly Hills’ finest proprietors. In every exceptional detail, from its rare Brazilian slate roof, exquisite French limestone floors, warming French oak ceilings and floors, this luxury Malibu home is an entertainer’s delight and serves as an example for other MariSol homes to follow.